As a result of COVID-19, we made some changes to our standard terms and conditions, booking procedures, arrival and departure times and cleaning process. All of these changes are outlined on this page and we’ll continue to review these and make changes where needed based on government, local council or medical advice and will ensure that guests are advised of any further changes we need to make. We have also undertaken the Visit Britain ‘Good to go Industry Standard Assessment’.
- For bookings before 31st March 2021 we have reduced our deposit payment to £50 and the remaining balance (and security deposit) is then due a month before the booking unless an alternative date is agreed with the owner. If the balance is not received the deposit payment will not be refunded.
- If due to government or local council restrictions the owners are unable to offer Belle Vue apartment for holiday let purposes a refund of all monies paid will be given if the guest does not wish to defer their booking for a later available date. Deferrals can be up to 31st December 2021 with refunds made or additional amounts to be paid if a different rental rate applies.
- Belle Vue Apartment will not take bookings for or allow guest to visit if not permitted by the government or a local council.
As always, we recommend that you take out insurance to cover your holiday as we will not be able to offer a refund if you wish to cancel for any other reason.
Arrival and departure times
Due to additional cleaning requirements we have temporary amended our arrival and departure times as follows:
- Arrival is now 4pm (or later)
- Departure by 9.30am
These times relate both to accessing the apartment and using the apartment car parking space. If you want to arrive in Woolacombe earlier than 4pm please do not use the apartment car parking space - there is paid parking available.
Risk assessment and cleaning
We have undertaken a full risk assessment and our housekeeper is now undertaking further cleaning and additional sanitation as part of each changeover. We have followed the guidance provide by both the government and The Professional Association of Self Caters and our Housekeeper will leave a cleaning checklist for guests to see the cleaning and sanitisation that has been undertaken.
As part of the changes to minimise risk to our Housekeeper and all guests:
- Linen bags will be left on a bed by our Housekeeper. Before leaving please strip all beds (including unused ones) and put all the linen in the provided linen bags. Please also put all towels, bathmat and all tea towels (including unused ones) in the linen bags as well.
- Our cleaner will put the crockery, cutlery, and glasses through a dishwash during change over. The cleaned items will be left in the dishwasher.
- Loose cushions, DVDs and fiction books will be removed. Items such as walking/local books will be left out, but these will not be sanitised as part of change over.
- Our folder containing local leaflets and things to do will be stored in the lounge area cupboard and will not be sanitised.
- All items left in our storage room will be left but will not be sanitised.
- We will send some instruction details with our welcome pack to new guests and returning guests will be asked if they would like a copy. The Wi-Fi code will be issued to all. The Belle Vue information folder will be stored in the lounge area cupboard but will not be sanitised each changeover.
Please do continue to follow medical advice and wash your hands regularly and we supply liquid hand soap in the apartment.
Additional terms and conditions:
- At the time of travel to Belle Vue Apartment, Woolacombe no member of the party should either display symptoms of coronavirus or be currently suffering from it.
- If any of the party starts to display coronavirus symptoms whilst staying at Belle Vue Apartment all the party will leave immediately, return home, and arrange to be tested. If this situation arises the owners must also be notified, and they will arrange for an additional deep clean to be undertaken. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer alternative dates or a refund in such situations.
- Belle Vue Apartment cannot be used for any period of self isolation by any member of the party including if any of the party are advised via the NHS Test and Trace System (or Welsh/Scottish equivalents) to self-isolate due to close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.
29th June 2020 (updated 28th November 2020)